Thursday, May 3, 2012

small things {lies}



small things #20 ... lies

I consider myself a truthful person.  And yet I'd be a liar if I didn't confess that I lie.

Hey, can you take care of these phone calls?

Sure.  No problem.

Are you available to come in and help out on Friday?

You bet.

I need to be at the doctor.  And I need to be at gymnastics.  And I need to be home.

Okey-dokey.  I can do that.

Any chance my kiddo can come over Wednesday afternoon?  And have dinner, too.

Sure thing.

I need my leo for this afternoon and it's in the dirty laundry.

Don't worry.  I'll wash it after breakfast.

We're out of milk.  And pull-ups.

I'll make a quick stop at Wal-Mart.

Screech!  Scream!  Shriek!

Here, let me hold you.

Can you warm up my lunch and bring it to school and when you pick up Sissy?

No problem.  I'll bring it up.

There's a spider in the bathroom!

I'll squish it.

I want to scooter home after school.  Me, too!  Me, too!

Sure.  I'll load three scooters and three helmets in the stroller and meet you at the crosswalk.

Can you sign my permission slip?  And make my lunch?  And make a salad for the PTO?  And copy the MOPS newsletters?

You betcha.  I've got it all under control.

Yep.  I lie.

It would appear from my responses above that I can "do it all".  But I can't.  Not even close.

I am a super mom, but SuperMom, I am not.  

As I was thinking through my compulsive lying, a song came unbidden to mind ... altered just a bit.  Let's see if you recognize this revamped 90's number:

If there's a problem,
Yo, I'll solve it.
Put up your feet and I will resolve it!
SupaMomma!
I'm SupaMomma!
SupaMomma!
I'm SupaMomma!

Lies ... tying me up in puppet-strings; orchestrating my "I've got it covered" dance.

Truth ... freeing me to live within my human boundaries of time, energy and only being in one place at a time!

It's time to sing a new song!  (Sorry Vanilla Ice...)

__________________________________________

Prompt #1 ~List of lies you consistently tell.

Mama’s Losin’ It




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog..love the revamped Vanilla Ice song..and you are a super mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know my Ice, Ice, Baby! A great post-- and I'm glad I saw it through Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And people wonder why moms feel they're spread so thin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Ravioli! In my book, you definitely are a super mom ~ and I do hope you get some "me time" soon to just chill, relax, put your feet up ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always wanted to be a SuperMom, but just could never measure up ...

    You got it right - it's all about truth: "Truth ... freeing me to live within my human boundaries of time, energy and only being in one place at a time!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I take on way too much too!! I just love being able to help and it usually winds up making me feel SO frazzled!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)