Friday, April 20, 2012

small things {bedtime}



small things #12 ... bedtime

Wacky Wednesday wore me out!  

Seven to one.  Odds against Mom.

At 9:02 pm, I walked out of my daughters' hot pink room, listened to their chatter start up (whisper, whisper, giggle), treaded down the hall to my room, laid down on my bed and felt that familiar wave of exhaustion wash over me.

Deep down in my body, I was so very tired.  Little tears snuck out; soaked up by my pillow.  Brett rubbed my back, granting release from any more "I need's" or "help me's".  Permission to lay here and sniffle a little. Not in a poor me-way, but in a wow - that was a doozy and it's okay to be exhausted-way.

In the quietness of the night, I read and I Scrambled and I breathed.  

All by myself.

Bedtime ... the bliss of silence and a chance to be recharged for the next day.  
Because it will be wacky, too.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. It's always nice to be reminded that it's ok to feel exhausted and just take a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)