But Mommy had a crafty week, too! I also enjoyed painting and squishing around clay ... and tackling a project that I had pinned on Pinterest several weeks ago.
I was on the look out for something fun and Springy for our front door and found this. Now ... I don't read Japanese, but I am a visual learner. And I'm also a good faker. With a few peeks at this project, I headed to Hobby Lobby and improvised.
In place of the green foam wreath, I chose a straw wreath that was wrapped in plastic. I left the plastic on to keep it from self-destructing and in the process saved about $5 on the price of the wreath. Awesome!
I didn't know how much eye-lash yarn I would need, so I bought two. It only took one. So now I get to take one back and put $7 back in my pocket. Yahoo!
In place of the flower ribbon, I picked up a small bouquet of silk flowers in a variety of colors (because I really like color). I also had a handful of random buttons laying around so I decided to use those for the center of flowers. I used some floral wire that I had in my craft stash and by running a piece of wire up through the flower, through the button and back down, I had a nice little stick to press into the straw wreath. That allowed the flowers to stand up and away from the "green grass", too.
I chose the purple wired ribbon to add a little more color and tied a big bow for the top while still leaving plenty for the loop at the top.
Finally, I printed my little words, "bare feet welcome..." off computer. Before attaching them to floral wire, I "aged" the paper by crumbling it up a bit and running over the paper with a flesh-toned colored pencil. When I had it appealingly crinkled and colored, I poked the supporting wires into the wreath and then tweaked it until I like it.
Inspired by Pinterest ... hodge-podged by me!
A little Spring Bling for my front door!
Prompt #4 ~ Pinterest Challenge ...