Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hee, Hee! Ha, ha! Snort!

What can I learn from my kids?

Well ...

I could learn from Aaron the importance of starting your day with a good chuckle.  As I creep downstairs in the dark to take on Jillian Michaels and her most current plan to torture me, I can hear my boy cackling in his room.  I can picture him still snuggled in his covers listening to Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers on his MP3 player with a huge sleepy smile on his face.  Ha, ha, ha!

I could learn from Norah the importance of intermittent giggling during breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Whether it's silly faces, ridiculous voices, goofy stories from her day or cracking her new favorite joke, Norah is famous for bring laughter to our kitchen table.  I'm quite certain that is one of the reasons she so long and slender ... she's burning up all those calories as she giggles through her meal.  Hee, hee, hee!

I could learn from Ashley the importance of making others laugh.  I would like to think that Baby S likes us all, but she has a special affinity for LeLe.  And for good reason.  Ashley has absolutely no qualms about acting completely goofy with the sole purpose of getting a squeal out of her surrogate-sissy.  Fifteen minutes of peek-a-boo?  No problem.  Ten minutes of squeaking nonsense words in a high-pitched voice?  You got it!  Of course, hearing this little cutie's cocktails of coo's and cackles brings a smile and snicker to Ashley ... and the rest of us, too.  Hardy-har-har!

I could learn from Lydia the importance of ending my day with some yuk-yuk-yukking.  As we cuddle on my bed for book time, we share our bests and leasts of the day.  Without fail Weeda will mimic Ashley as she talks about her favorite and not-so-favorite moments of her day.  In Ashley's voice.  It would be a little unnerving if it wasn't so funny!  As Ashley hears the echo of her own voice, she gets to giggling and pretty soon those two little goofballs are snorting, snickering and holding their sides.  And so is Mommy.  Tee-hee-hee!

Laughter ... the most important ingredient to every day.  And what I'm learning from kids.  Every day.

A little of that laughter during
Nana's "Don't Go" Game!
__________________________________________

Prompt #2 ~ Things my children can teach me.

Mama’s Losin’ It

4 comments:

  1. I love this. Laughter is so important and it's amazing how much simple joy children find in everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! I love hearing my kids' belly laughs! There's no sweeter sound in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has GOT to be one of the most important lessons! Not taking anything too seriously and keeping your humor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)