Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Name is Getting Tired!

We are in our second full week home from school ... and my name has been hollered from every room in the house by every kid and what seems like every minute of every day.  Most recently ... about 45 minutes ago when I was trying to start my breakfast ... Norah yelled my name repeatedly for 30 seconds from the bath tub.  I don't think she even took a breath.  And it wasn't an emergency.

So, we need to work on that, I think.  Or else I run the risk of running away!

Here is a post I wrote last fall ... and it has inspired me to crack down on this drastic over-usuage of my precious name.  Hopefully it will ...

- help you to see that you are not alone in sometimes hating the sound of your own moniker,
- encourage you to train up your kids to use your title respectfully, and
- give you a good laugh!

Enjoy!

That's My Name, Don't Wear It Out!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, well actually, these two articles. I don't hear my name around here much, more so lately than usual though, but I hear dad and mom all dang day from my roommates kids. It never bothered me until yesterday when it actually triggered a migraine in both me and 'mom'. New solution, ask Lindsey first. Great...and so it begins....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 212 time? LOL! I know what you mean. "Mom! Mom! Mooooooooom!" All day long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)