Thursday, October 13, 2011

Handmade With Care

Quite a few years ago, this happened.  Only I don't remember us rhyming.

"What do you think that you want to be?"
My mother inquired of little old me.
"A cat?  A clown? A ballerina with grace?"
"No!  A purple people eater from outer space!"

"A purple what?  Did I hear you wrong?"
"A purple people eater ~ just like in the song!
You can do it, Mom.  You're quite the crafter ...
And here are some pics so you know what I'm after."

"I'm all finished.  Your costume is done."
"I'm so excited!  This will be lots of fun!"
"First is the face paint, to make your eyes big.
Next is the tulle for your head.  It's a wig."

"The fabric is purple and for the cuffs I used foil.
I hope it's not too hot as you're likely to boil.
Be sure to go potty as the night will be long.
Quick!  Turn around ...  Time to staple it on!"



Aren't you grateful that when God made you, that He did so with such creativity and skill?

13 For you created my inmost being; 
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
(Psalm 139:13-14)

And isn't it fantastic that He didn't give you spiky purple hair, crazy eyes or staple your parts together?!?

____________________________________


Prompt #2 ~  Write a poem about a memorable Halloween costume.

Mama’s Losin’ It






1 comment:

  1. That is QUITE the costume!

    Thanks for popping by the Fibro today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)