Friday, July 13, 2012

I Want a Motorcycle!

We were about five minutes into our five hour drive home from Steamboat and a little voice piped up from the backseat, "How much longer?"

In an attempt to beat Brett to the punch (and avoid him suggesting the "Nobody Speak a Word" game!) I introduced the kids to a childhood favorite.

For the next hour, the kids sat on the edges of their seats (as close to the edge as you can get while securely fastened in your seat) watching for the next car, RV, work truck or lemon to come around the bend.  Aaron was thrilled with his sports cars, Ashley stocked up on campers and Hummers, Lydia offered to share one of her many, many boats while Norah collected random vehicles, including a jeeping saFARTi.  (Yes, we were dissolving into eight-year old humor.)  Even Brett and I watched with anticipation ... come on, Porsche!

Before we knew it, I-70 was in sight and lunch-time was just around the corner.  We survived the first leg our out trip with the collection of a convoy of cars, campers and clunkers.

My Car, Your Car ... childhood resurrected!

3 comments:

  1. Whatever makes the time fly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, me and my family have played this game a lot. I hope you guys are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popped in from Saturday Sharefest! My sister always did punch buggy....I had bruises at the end of road trips from all the VW Bugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)