Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Time-Warp Wednesday

There is no doubt in my mind that my kids will surpass me in technological savviness.

Probably tomorrow.

Even now, if I am having trouble with the Wii or one of the many shiny black boxes sitting below the TV, Aaron is able to get me out of trouble with the push of just a few buttons.  I try not to get too terribly miffed when he tells me, "You just need to synch it, Mom," ... and he's right.

I may still be able to navigate around Pages better than him and I definitely can type faster than his hunt and peck strategy, but even those days are numbered.  Before I know it, he'll be telling me about nifty shortcuts while I plod along formatting our MOPS newsletter.  I hope that I can accept his help with finesse and graciousness ... but it will still probably sting a bit.  "You just need to use command ⊄≈☃☺, Mom," ... sigh ....

Recently I came across a snapshot from several years ago that proved that he's always been on the cutting edge of technology.  And also willing to share his knowledge and expertise with others.

Basic Computer Programming

I love this!  Aaron and Norah perched on the same chair, working side by side on the computer.  What you can't see in this snapshot is that the computer was on a desk we assembled in a closet.  There was just enough room for one chair, hence the cheek-to-cheek technique!  (That's one way to make a 2.5 bedroom house seem just a little bigger.)

Not only does it touch my heart that they were happily clicking and coloring together, but I can vividly remember Aaron's words to Norah.

"You need to click on the bucket.  Then click on the color.  On the red one.  The red one.  No, that's blue.  Move the mouse a little bit.  I'll help you.  There.  You got the red one.  Good job, Nuna!"

Let me zoom in on his helper hand:


Press the green star, Sweetie.

I love listening to and seeing my kids being helpful and encouraging to one another.  A sweet blessing to this mommy's heart and ears!

May we all be generous in lending a hand ... and gracious in accepting the help!

Now ... what's the shortcut for publishing this post?  Aaron!.....

3 comments:

  1. That's TOTAL sweetness! And now there is proof that he was that caring to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So classic! Children are definitely advancing faster than our generation. My 5 year old stepdaughter knows how to work the ipad like nothing I've ever seen before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)