Monday, April 18, 2011

I'm Just So Proud!

I hope that you will forgive me a post that is purely a "Proud Mama Moment"!  I promise that tomorrow's post will be more about you and less about me.  :)

This past Saturday, Norah had her first competitive gymnastic meet.  She has enjoyed participating in several fun meets, but this weekend was her first experience with actual judges, awards and the added hype that comes along with it.  And I am supery-dupery excited to say that she did great!

It was so amazing for me to watch her not only do very well in each of her routines, but also to show such confidence, poise and maturity.  If we had sent her out into that gymnastic fray two years ago, I can only imagine that upon arriving at the gym, I would have had to pry her off my leg, then "force" her to be brave while I walked away from her and given her lots of, "You can do it!" thumbs-ups throughout the competition from across the room.  In contrast, I watched her run off toward her coach for warm-ups with a gigantic smile on her face, march out with her team with her chin held proud, tackle each routine with focus and determination and wrap up the meet with a smile, a medal and a team trophy!  What a day!

If you are so inclined, I have included in your post today (at no extra cost!) a condensed version of Norah's meet.  Here are the highlights of the event, the actual routines and all the smiley snapshots we could get ... and instead of sitting on a hard bleacher, keeping three other kids happy and peering over the tops of other people's heads, you can sit back on your comfy seat and see our girl in action. :)

Enjoy!



Oh ... and as an added bonus, Norah also qualified to compete at the State level for her age group!  So this appears to be just the beginning for our little gymnast.  You, go girl!  

6 comments:

  1. You have every reason to be proud! That is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping in from SITS! What a great accomplishment for her (and you). She has a great gymnastics career ahead of her! Looking forward to following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brag away, Mama!! WTG Norah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be so great to see your daughter bloom right in front of your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Norah- girl! So proud of you- and a medal to show off too! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a little doll! she did a wonderful job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)