Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time-Warp Wednesday ~ One Inch

I know a little boy.

He used to be just this big:


On the first day back from Christmas break last Wednesday, he asked me to measure him.

"Mom.  I had like five people ask me today if I'd grown over break.  Did I?"

"Uhm.  I don't know.  We measured you just a month ago.  We can check.
Oh.  My.  Golly.  No way!"

"What?"

"Are you spoofing me?  Get your feet against the wall, Buddy."

"Ha, ha!  They are.  They are."

"Oh, brother.  Yeah ... you grew an inch.  An entire inch!"

"Cool."

"Yeah.  Cool.  Now I know where all the groceries have been going."

The next day as he trudged across the school lawn, back pack loaded on his shoulders, I could tell where he had grown.  His bright white ankle socks shining in the morning sunlight gave evidence that it's his legs that grew that inch.

My prayer for Aaron today ~

May he be like the prophet Samuel ... 

And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature 
and in favor with the LORD and with people. 
(1 Samuel 2:26)

And may he not eat us out of house and home.  

And may we find pants in his drawer that will fit him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)