Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Opened Eyes to See God's Blessings

All right.  Fair warning here:  this is when the water-works start for me!  Every time we watch this show, I start crying at about the time Tiny Tim says, "I know that I belong" and sob my way on through 'til, "We reach for you and we stand tall".  This year, the only difference was that Ashley was crying along with me.  It's good to have a fellow sniffler.  :)

So grab a tissue before you continue ...





Bless Us All


Life is full of sweet surpises
Everyday's a gift
The sun comes up and I can feel it lift my spirit
Fills me up with laughter, fills me up with song
I look into the eyes of love and know that I belong

Bless us all, who gather here
The loving family I hold dear
No place on earth, compares with home
And every path will bring me back from where I roam
Bless us all, that as we live
We always comfort and forgive
We have so much, that we can share
With those in need we see around us everywhere

Let us always love each other 
Lead us to the light
Let us hear the voice of reason, singing in the night
Let us run from anger and catch us when we fall
Teach us in our dreams and please, yes please
Bless us one and all 

Bless us all with playful years 
With noisy games and joyful tears
We reach for you and we stand tall 
And in our prayers and dreams
We ask you bless us all

We reach for you and we stand tall 
And in our prayers and dreams we ask you 
Bless us all... 


______________________________________


Whew!  Did you make it through sans sniffles?  I didn't even make it the 2nd time through!


Maybe it's because it's perfectly natural for me to make this a song of prayer to Jesus ... each request directed to the Giver of all blessings.


I love that the song appropriately begins with praise:  our lives filled with sweet surprises.  So often I jump into my prayers with my list of needs and hopes.  A wonderful reminder to thank God first, before presenting my requests.


Sprinkled throughout are prayers for our family and friends and prayers that we would live lives of love and grace.  There are also child-like prayers for fun and play and then, finally, a prayer for when life isn't fun and games.  When life is hard, "We reach for You and we stand tall".


Thank you, Jesus, that we can come to You with such a simple prayer, a prayer for blessing, and You hear us.  And You promise to bless us with more than we can hope or even imagine! (Ephesians 3:20-21)
______________________________________


Thanks to ST Lyrics for the words and Kasumi888 for the video to today's song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)