Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Re-Runs

Tune in this evening at 8 o'clock for the series premier of, "I'm Home!", a laugh-out-loud comedy zeroing in on the ups and downs and ins and outs of the life of Nicki, a stay-at-home mom with a score to settle with Mrs. Cleaver!

You won't want to miss the hilarious confrontation between Nicki and the UPS man when he innocently comments on "how nice it must be to just sit at home all day".  Or, the slapstick silliness of Nicki attempting to vacuum the living room in the midst of Legos, action figures and a tea party in progress, while at the same time carrying the newest member of the family on her hip.  Your sides will ache as you watch Nicki labor over six different dinners in an effort to please her picky family only to find herself ten minutes later packing lunch-boxes in the never-ending efforts to keep her kids fed.

Hijinks ensue with episodes like, "Why's Your Toothbrush Under My Bed?", "Hotdogs Make Me Gag" and "She Keeps Breathing My Air".

Don't miss this season's Must Watch Show -- and remember to call and thank your mother!

--------------------

Curiously, this show only made it through the first three episodes, but you can watch the reruns on channel 8 every morning at 3 am.  If you watch them on constant repeat, you can get a pretty good idea of what Nicki's life is really like.


__________________________




Linking up with Write at the Merge this week:  Write the plot of a TV show.  




8 comments:

  1. You certainly had fun with this prompt, didn't you? I love it. Especially "She's breathing my air".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you --- sometimes I have to poke a little fun at my job just so my sense of humor stays intack. Glad I could give you a laugh, too!

      Delete
  2. This show is recorded before a live studio audience.

    I know, 'cause I laughed.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! Glad I didn't have to add a laugh-track. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Excellent take on the prompt. I was completely blank on this prompt and chose the back story instead. I love that you hit on all the stereotypical jabs we stay at home moms hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...and glad you could relate. Unfortunately, I think there is a rather universal misconception of what our daily lives look like -- all bon-bons and TV watching.

      Delete
  4. This is funny and true. I get implied comments like the one from the UPS guy that make me steam! I don't think I sit at all during the day! You really captured it, hmm...maybe it should be a TV show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing as we live it on a daily basis, I don't think we could stand to watch it for fun! But thanks for the kind words, anyway!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)