Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mysterious Specimen

"How is your research progressing with this particular subject, Doctor?"

"This is a curious creature:  intelligent, cooperative, easily distracted."

"Have you been successful in establishing communication yet?"

"Primarily through grunts and body language, Sir."

"So, it acts like an animal?"

"But, it's definitely human."

"Interesting...and the age?"

"Eleven, I believe."

"And gender?"

"Boy."

_____________________



A 55-Word story inspired by the current scientific experiments going on in our home in our endless efforts to raise our pre-teen.  I love that boy!  (but not his wandering socks or misplaced homework or his 87% success rate at following through...)

Linking up with Trifecta - inspired by the word:  animal 

3  :  a human being considered chiefly as physical or nonrational; also :  this nature



9 comments:

  1. Oh...oh...OH! I have this species in my house! You've described my eleven-year-old son to a T (well, minus cooperative...I'd say he's more mouthy than cooperative :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So witty, once again. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully captured and so, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha Somebody has an eleven-year-old son, I'm guessing.
    Easily distracted. Grunts. I've known the female version, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is what I have to look forward to?? Yikes! And here I thought it could only go up from 4 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up! Be sure to come back and vote for your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol!Wait till it grows up-this will seem like a cakewalk;-)Loved it:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)