Monday, October 28, 2013

Creepy

"Do you know what's in there?"

"No. It gives me the heeby jeebies."

"It can't be that bad."

"Well then, you open it."

"No. I mean, you know, that there's nothing to be afraid of."

"Right. I'm not afraid. It just creeps me out."

"Maybe if we open it just a crack..."

"After you, my friend."

"Uh, rock, paper scissors?"

"Fine. One, two three, go."

"Drat.  Best of three?"

"Nope. You're it."

"Okay. Get behind me, but be ready to run. I'm not sticking around if it's bad."

"Ugh. What's that horrible smell?"

"Something is rotting. I'm going to gag."

"What is it, can you tell?"

"I think it's that sausage soup from two weeks ago. I thought you threw it out."

"Gross. Slide the trash can over here. I'm pitching the Tupperware, too."

"Agreed. Now...what's in that container behind the milk? Is that lo mein? Ack! What a nightmare!"

____________________


151 words about a little something creepy. It may not be a dismembered hand, but it still makes me shudder.

8 comments:

  1. The thought of cleaning out my fridge is spine tingling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been know to pitch items without inspecting. Somethings are too horrifying to behold! Thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the stinkubus! We're very familiar with that creature in our house. Also the, "We're tossing the tupperware" conversation! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have a name for that vile creature...I'll remember that the next time I encounter him! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. If this is the second post, sorry!
    My original one said that as a foodie, I can very much appreciate the horror of things left in containers for too long! Great spin on this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! It's always such a bummer when something tasty gets forgotten and turns sour in the fridge. What a loss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahaha!!! I have been there, unfortunately. Lord only knows what sort of bacterial colonies I've grown in my fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me going there. The nightmare of the refrigerator....for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! Your comments are warm fuzzies! (And con-crit is always welcome, too.)