Here are reader's tips for keeping the Laundry Beast at bay:
- Buy your kids color coded socks (i.e. Susie gets pink, Joey gets blue, etc). That will cut down on the crazy sock sorting.
- Encourage your family to get more than one day's wear out of their clothes. This is especially easy to do with pants as they typically don't catch the brunt of meals.
- Start your laundry first thing in the morning ... improves your chances of getting it done before bedtime.
- Start the laundry the night before, after the kids get in bed, then you can get two loads in before bed. Then in the a.m. you have fresh clean clothes to fold. Just a little way to jump start, esp. if you will be going somewhere on laundry day.
Here are reader's tips for keeping Tub Time fun:
- Use a little watering can for rinsing hair ... like a mini-shower!
- Fill a cup with ice and let the kids enjoy the disappearing cubes.
Here are extra tips for helping out in the Kitchen:
- For kids' water bottles in their lunch bags, freeze them half full of water. In the morning, fill them the rest of the way and stick them in their insulated lunch bags. By lunch, the drinks will be melted, but cold and it keeps their lunches chilled, too.
- For stubborn dirty dishes, plop them in the sink, give them a squirt of dishwashing machine detergent and fill with hot tap water. Let sit for a spell. The gunk just lets loose and clean up is a cinch!
Keep the tips coming!